Thursday, April 21, 2011

Reason #243 I'm not a Completionist

Achievements that are more about luck and replaying a mini-game than skill. Much like the hot-potato mini-game win that is required for the Decked Out achievement in Backyard Sports: Sandlot Sluggers. I'm all for some easy achievement games, but when there is one achievement in there that is particularly difficult, or relies on luck more than skill, I will skip it. It's not worth my time to grind on that mini-game for hours just to get the stars to align where my guy gets 3 rounds won before the three other CPU players. Heck, I thought it was going to happen once, I got up 2-0-0-0 and then lost SEVEN STRAIGHT ROUNDS and ended up having to retry all over again.

Other than that once specific mini-game win, this game is not that difficult, and is pretty decent for an arcade baseball game. The Bigs 2 it is not, but it is not horrible either. I can assure you this will not be #50 on my completed games list. No chance I'm going back to replay 2+ hours of story mode to get to the point to spend who knows how long playing that blasted mini-game again. No sir, I'll take my 980 points and send this one back to Gamefly.

No comments:

Post a Comment